Thursday, May 10, 2007

Snowflake



They had a crochet-along on www.crochetville.org to introduce crocheting with thread to those that had not crocheted with thread before. So I tried it. The project was for size 3 thread with a D hook. This isn't what the project was...but it opened my eyes to thread crochet. I decided "hey, this isn't so hard", and bought some more thread (size 10) and some snowflake pattern books off of ebay.

This was my first attempt at making a snowflake. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. So now I have plans to make a bunch of snowflakes for my Christmas tree and to give as gifts this Christmas. Not sure where I think I will find the time for all the projects I want to do. I tend to work better under pressure and deadlines anyway. I'm sure I will be crocheting and blocking snowflakes like mad the week before Christmas. I'm not so excited about the blocking process, but it definately makes the finished project.

No comments: